Frequently Asked Questions:

Click the spoiler tags to see the answers!

1. What is Elyys'tel?

Spoiler

Elyystel.com is a forum and community created for Choices fans to have discussions, post and review fan works, chat about their favorite characters, and more!

2. What's with the name?

Spoiler

"Elyys'tel" is the name of a village from the Choices series Endless Summer, after which the forum (and some terms, like "Elyyshar") gets its name.

3. Why Elyys'tel? Why not Stormholt, Penderghast, Hartfeld, etc?

Spoiler

Before even purchasing the domain name, I hosted two separate polls on Tumblr. Elyys'tel was the winning name on both!

4. What is Choices?

Spoiler

Choices is a mobile app by Pixelberry Studios, featuring a variety of visual novels of many different genres, from romance to horror. If you don't know about Choices, though, I'm not sure why you're here...

5. What are these "ranks" below my avatar all about? Berry High Student, Hartfeld Freshman...?

Spoiler

The "rank" system is a fun way to encourage people to post a lot! For example, everyone starts as a Berry High Student, but make 10 posts and you'll "graduate" to Hartfeld Freshman. Outside of post count, the ranks and images don't mean anything and are just for fun!

6. What does "Li'l Blueberry" mean?

Spoiler

Li'l Blueberry is a separate member group for members under 18, in order to restrict the adult-only forums to...well...adults only.

7. Why "Li'l Blueberry?" Is that another Endless Summer reference?

Spoiler

Yes, and you should go read Endless Summer, it's awesome.

8. I'm over 18, and it still says "Li'l Blueberry!"

Spoiler

Due to the way the software is set up, all members automatically become Li'l Blueberries upon registration. I'll try to check the new member lists whenever I can get online, so it shouldn't be more than a few hours to a day at max before I get you in the Villager section.

9. Why do some words on the forum have little lines under them? I didn't put those there...

Spoiler

That's the acronym dictionary! Common acronyms, mostly related to Choices, have "definitions" included for those unfamiliar with them. Hover over the word/acronym to see the definition.

10. What's with the definition for "Indescribable?"

Spoiler

It's a Perfect Match reference.

11. I'd like to help moderate the site.

Spoiler

Sure, thank you! Message me privately either here or on Tumblr, and I will give you more details about how to apply for the High Council.

12. Why do only some Choices books get emojis?

Spoiler

Because I'm just one guy, and making emojis out of every character in a book is incredibly time-consuming! I'll get them all up eventually, and there's a topic where I'll be posting updates and accepting suggestions for future emojis.

13. How do I change my avatar/signature/profile pic/etc?

Spoiler

For most profile info, click the drop-down menu in the upper right hand corner, and go to "My Profile." There, on the right side, there's a button to "Edit My Profile."

For signatures, in the first drop-down menu, click "Account Settings" instead.

14. Can I re-post my own fan content from Tumblr, AO3, DeviantArt, etc. to the forums?

Spoiler

Of course! The more, the better!

15. I have a suggestion to improve the site. Where do I send it?

Spoiler

Make a topic/reply in the "Site Improvements and Suggestions" forum, send me a personal message, or contact me on Tumblr!

16. Is NSFW/adult content allowed?

Spoiler

Yes, for members 18 and older only. Once I've moved you to the Villager group, you should be able to see "The Steamy Hot Springs" and its associated forums.

17. Why is there a rule against discrimination?! I just really hate *insert demographic*!

Spoiler

NO. *points at slogan and site guidelines aggressively* GET OUT.

32 minutes ago, Griffin's Sunbeam said:

How do I make a profile pic? The one I want to use is too big!

Good question! The maximum size should be 100 x 100. If you have a photo editing software, or even Microsoft Paint, you can resize the photo you want to use and then it should be usable!

~Elyyshar SceptileMasterr

Edited by SceptileMasterr (Evan)
Accidentally typed the wrong max avatar size!